Sunday 9 December 2012

Quick Quote - Alice in Wonderland

Still lurking in my top five favorite books is Lewis Carroll's Wonderland series. here are a few lesser known quotes.


“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” 


“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”


“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. ”


“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”


“But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend to be two people! Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!” 

“She tried to fancy what the flame of a candle is like after the candle is blown out, for she could not remember ever having seen such a thing.”

“Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it”




“Thy loving smile will surely hail

The love-gift of a fairy tale.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment